Privacy and Cookies Policy
Where we refer to “process”, it means how we collect, use, store, make available, destroy, update, disclose, or otherwise deal with your personal information. As a general rule we will only process your personal information if this is required to deliver or offer a service, provide a product or carry out a transaction.
In this document any reference to “we” or “us” or “our” includes Our Company Element15 Branding and Marketing Pty ltd.
What is personal information?
Personal information refers to any information that identifies you or specifically relates to you. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
- your marital status (like married, single, divorced).
- your national origin.
- your age.
- your language; birth; education.
- your identifying number (like an employee number, identity number or passport number).
- your e-mail address; physical address (like residential address, work address or your physical location); telephone number.
- your race; gender; sex; pregnancy; ethnic origin; social origin; colour; sexual orientation.
- your confidential correspondence; and / or
- another’s views or opinions about you and your name also constitute your personal information.
- Personal information includes special personal information, as explained below.
When will we process your personal information?
We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes relating to our business if the following applies:
- if you have consented thereto.
- if a person legally authorised by you, the law, or a court, has consented thereto.
- if it is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract, we have with you.
- if the law requires or permits it.
- if it is required to protect or pursue your, our or a third party’s legitimate interest.
What is special personal information?
Special personal information is personal information about the following:
- your race (like where a company submits reports to the Department of Labour where the statistical information must be recorded).
- your ethnic origin.
- your trade union membership.
- your health (like where you apply for an insurance policy).
- your biometric information (like to verify your identity); and / or your criminal behaviour and alleged commission of an offence.
We will not process your special personal information on this website or in our capacity as a partner with you as this information is not relevant to our industry.
When and from where we obtain personal information about you
- We collect information about you based on your use of our products, services, or service channels.
- We collect information about you based on how you engage or interact with us such as via our support desk, emails, letters, telephone calls and surveys.
If the law requires us to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting personal information about you from third parties.
At no point will we require or need your data to be collect from a third party as all interactions are carried out via clearly stipulated SLA and NDAs. The only data processed on this site is given by you directly to us and only includes details about yourself in your role at your company, as well as the marketing services possibly required by your company.
Reasons we need to process your personal information
We will process your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide you with products, goods, and services
- to market our products, goods, and services to you.
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints.
- to conduct market and behavioural research, including scoring and analysis to determine if you qualify for products and services or to determine your credit or insurance risk.
- to develop, test and improve products and services for you.
- for historical, statistical and research purposes, like market segmentation.
- to enable us to deliver goods, documents, or notices to you.
- to communicate with you and carry out your instructions and requests.
- for customer satisfaction surveys, promotional offerings.
- to enable you to take part in and make use of value-added products and services.
- for any other related marketing purposes directly from Us and not from third party partners or suppliers unless so requested by you.
How we use your personal information for marketing
- We will use your personal information to market specific marketing products and services to you as per your request via our contact forms.
- We will do this in person, by email, or telephone.
- In all cases you can request us to stop sending marketing communications to you at any time.
When how and with whom we share your personal information
We will not share your personal information with any third party. If you require services which we do not offer, but have contacts with partners and third party suppliers that may offer the services required we will share the supply details with you and the onus will be on you to contact them and request their services.
Under what circumstances will we transfer your information to other countries?
We will treat your data in accordance with your local privacy laws, as long as you have clearly stated your country of origin. In the instance where you do not clearly state your country of origin then please note that your data will be held in accordance with the local laws of the Element15 Branding and Marketing headquarters, which is Johannesburg, South Africa.
Your duties and rights about the personal information we have about you.
You must provide proof of identity when enforcing the rights below.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have about you by contacting us. This includes requesting:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information.
- a copy or description of the record containing your personal information; and
- the identity or categories of third parties who have had access to your personal information.
We will attend to requests for access to personal information within a reasonable time.
Please note that the law may limit your right to access information.
You have the right to request us to correct or delete the personal information we have about you if it is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained unlawfully or we are no longer authorised to keep it. You must inform us of your request in writing. It may take up to 15 business days for the change to reflect on our systems. We may request documents from you to verify the change in personal information.
A specific agreement that you have entered into with us may determine how you must change your personal information provided at the time when you entered into the specific agreement. Please adhere to these requirements. If the law requires us to keep the personal information, it will not be deleted upon your request. The deletion of certain personal information may lead to the termination of your business relationship with us.
You may object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information.
We will not be able to give effect to your objection if the processing of your personal information was and is permitted by law; you have provided consent to the processing and our processing done according to your consent or the processing is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract with you.
Where you have provided your consent for the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will explain the consequences to you. It may take up to 15 business days for the change to reflect on our systems, during this time we may still process your personal information. You must inform us of any objection in writing.
You have a right to file a complaint with us or any Regulator with jurisdiction about an alleged contravention of the protection of your personal information by us. We will address your complaint as far as possible.
How we secure your personal information
- We will take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect your personal information according to industry best practices. Our security measures (including physical, technological, and procedural safeguards) will be appropriate and reasonable. This includes the following:
- keeping our systems secure (like monitoring access and usage);
- storing our records securely.
- controlling the access to our buildings, systems and/or records; and
- safely destroying or deleting records.
- Ensure compliance with international ISO security standards.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as:
- the law requires us to keep it.
- a contract between you and us requires us to keep it.
- you have consented for us keeping it.
- we require it for statistical or research purposes.
- we require it for our lawful business purposes.
We may keep your personal information even if you no longer have a relationship with us, for the historical data that may be required by your employer or employee.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The cookie contains information to personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience on the websites or applications. The cookie will also identify your device, like the computer or smart phone.
By using our websites or applications you agree that cookies may be forwarded from the relevant website or application to your computer or device. The cookie will enable us to know that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use the cookie to prevent fraud and for analytics.